Bruce Engineered Flooring
Manufacturing and selling hardwood since 1884, Bruce Hardwoods is one of the most preferred brands of wood flooring. Carrying both domestic and exotic species with high-performance finishes, Bruce Hardwoods offers 200 styles – in color, finish, and price – of solid, engineered, and laminate flooring. All Bruce hardwood is sold in strips, planks, or parquets.
A significant portion of Bruce Hardwood's product line is engineered flooring. Not all engineered product lines are the same, however. Thicknesses, widths, installation methods, and prices vary with each line. The lines of Bruce engineered flooring include:
• Adventure Plank, a low-end line of planks five inches wide and one and 1/4ths of an inch thick. All Adventure Plank flooring can be glued, stapled, or floated, and four finishes are available: natural, gunstock, butterscotch, and saddle.
• Caruth Plank, a line of contemporary-style engineered maple hardwood flooring. The square-edge flooring is five inches wide and 3/8ths of an inch thick and has an open-grained appearance. All Caruth Plank flooring can be glued or stapled.
• Glen Cove Plank, a line of beveled-edge flooring available in six stains. All boards can be glued, stapled, or floated.
• Greenwich Plank, pecan flooring that is five inches wide and 3/8ths of an inch thick. All boards can be glued or floated.
• Harborlight Plank, maple hardwood flooring that is five inches wide and 3/8ths of an inch thick. Boards should only be glued down.
• Nelson Plank, a low-end line of square-edge planks. Boards can be stapled, glued, or floated.
• Northshore Strip & Plank, a line with a random width plank look. Boards are 3/8ths of an inch thick and come in widths of 2 1/4th, three, five, or seven inches. Planks range in length from 10 to 60 inches and need to be glued and tapped.
• Springdale Plank, a line of red oak flooring with darker stains. Boards are 3/8ths of an inch thick and three inches wide.
• Turlington Lock & Fold, a line of random size plank flooring. Boards are three to five inches wide and range in length from 10 to 60 inches. Most domestic species are part of this line.
• Turlington Exotics, a line of micro beveled flooring. Most domestic species, except for oak, are included, and planks are 10 to 48 inches long. Boards are 3/8ths of an inch thick and three to five inches wide and can be stapled, glued, or floated.
• Westchester Plank, a line of 3/4ths of an inch thick flooring. Maple, hickory, and oak with a solid sawn appearance are available, and all boards have a thick veneer. The flooring can be stapled, glued, or floated.
• Wentworth Estate Lock & Fold, a newer line of hand-sculpted engineered flooring. For a random look, boards are 12 to 48 inches long and five inches wide. Boards can be floated or glued.
In addition to these various lines of standard engineered flooring, Bruce also offers hand-scraped products, including American Originals, American Vintage, Baltic Plank, Cavendar Plank, Legacy Manor, and Rockwell Plank.